29 September, 2011

The Other Guys

So, for change I decide on a couple of short reviews because certain movies are just not that great to be analysed in detail.

Let's see... Will Farrell doing what he supposedly does best. Personally his brand/style of comedy is kind of getting old for me. Yes it makes me laugh at times, but it feels similar, even repetitive.

It's always good to see Mark Wahlberg in a film. Unfortunately he seems to be getting roles somewhat similar to the one in The Departed. But since I am a huge fan of Entourage, I can't say anything bad about him. Yes I'm partial... Deal with it :-)

So, it has action, comedy, and a story that is well ... childish, but still it entertains. It gets a solid 3/5.  

9 comments:

  1. Can't honestly say I liked this one, but it was... fun. There's really few other positive words I can think of to describe it, but it is indeed fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really didn't like this film to begin with. I thought Will Ferrell was trying too hard and Mark Wahlberg looked a bit confused to be honest. But I grew into its sense of humour and it passed the time quite handsomely. Hardly original, passably amusing, but entertaining in its own right. I might have to give it 2 out 5 but I'd probably watch it again if there was nothing else on TV.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tyler & Dan - Thanks. You know I'm almost at the verge of changing my rating to 2 starts, but I usually stick to what I thought right after watching the movie. I do agree that it was okay, and in fact I think I enjoyed Cop Out more if we were to compare buddy movies released around the same time. But The Other Guys cannbe dewar he'd on TV and that's why I feel it has some value.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was not a fan of this one, I thought it was just trying too hard. I actually gave it a 2/5, check my review out here - http://ultimatereviews.co.uk/?p=2292

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree Mark. Good review. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mark Wahlberg is a out of character. I don't know why but I like him best in "The Lovely Bones". I don't like the film because its lengthy for a paper thin plot.

    Though, "I would still say the film is funny but there are others out there that are both funny and compelling."

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you mean. I do however like Mark do the straight face comic role, but not in every movie. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. I understand why you wrote a short review of this one. There are indeed movies that can't be insightfully analyzed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you said that Lesya. I just had quite a twitter conversation with someone (you probabaly know) who could not understand why I didn't analyze another movie. Oh well... Anyhow, thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete