3. So seriously what was up with all the subtitles? Haven’t the studios learnt that we moviegoers love it when foreigners speak with each other in a funny English accents rather than talking in their native language?
4. Two words, one name - January Jones! Again, who in their right mind would want to watch a scantily dressed January Jones portray Emma Frost. Like having the coolest real name wasn’t enough, she had to go out and do a superhero movie. If I were you, and only if I were you, I’d boycott the movie for this reason itself.
5. After watching a classy movie like X-Men: First Class, you are bound to compare it to other superhero movies. The problem with that is that your expectations will be really high henceforth and that will eventually lead to disappointment. So avoid this movie and go watch Daredevil instead. I promise you that all the movies to follow will delight you.
6. I never knew that an action movie was supposed to be this intelligent. I mean should it not have been dimmed down so that we can watch it without using our brains. The subtle seduction of Raven/Mystique (Jennifer Lawrence) by Erik Lehnsherr/Magneto (Michael Fassbender) is nothing but pure brilliance as is Erik’s decent into what he is to become. Trust me; you don’t want this kind of intellectual entertainment in a movie.
7. Oh My God! The movie was not in 3D. How in the world did that happen? The very thought of not paying extra for your ticket and not having to suffer a headache from wearing those glasses is simply appalling. I mean who in their right mind, in this day and age, would go and watch a non-3D movie?
8. Right, so what is up with the running time of this movie? At close to 130 minutes I was starting to think it was an Indian movie and that too without a song and dance sequence. The fact that the movie kept me at the edge of my seat and completely engrossed and interested in it has nothing to do with this. A movie so long deserves boring moments or a song and dance sequence.
9. Also by avoiding X-Men you not only save money, at the expense of losing out on pure unadulterated entertainment, but you do not have to wait the next few years in anticipation of the sequel. My eagerness for the sequel is already at a high, but that was a small price I was ready to pay just so that I could warn you about this movie.
10. Lastly, the much talked about cameos. So, if you decide not to go and watch this movie, which I am sure, you will not after reading my post, there is no need for you to not talk or know about the cameos. In fact I will do you all a favor and tell you all about it here. That is the least I can do. So it’s like these two men…
Note: Due to the nature of the post and information about to be given out, this blogger has been taken to an undisclosed location till further notice.
PS: The blogger has now requested we inform his readers that he absolutely loved the movie and recommends that each and everyone should go and watch it. If he were to complete his post, he would have given it a 4.5/5 star rating.